The Minot Area Community Foundation is highly committed to increasing participation in philanthropy and the amount of financial support going towards charitable causes. As of December 31, 2021, the Foundation has awarded grants totaling over $19 million.
The Foundation awards grants from charitable funds that donors establish to give back to the community in a permanent way. Donors choose the level of involvement they prefer, ranging from directly recommending grants to nonprofits they select, to allowing the Foundation's Community Investment Adivors to make grant recommendations following application review processes.
Grants are made primarily to qualified charities that serve the needs of residents in the greater Minot area. Guidelines for each Fund program further define eligibility and grant deadlines.
Grants are awarded from the discretionary and field of interest funds. The Foundation maintains full discretion over all grant making decisions. MACF will consider funding for special projects, innovative programs, equipment, and building needs.
The chances of your agency's proposal being funded are substantially increased if the program or project:
- Proposes practical solutions to community problems
- Responds to changing or emerging community needs
- Addresses prevention as well as assistance for a problem
- Promotes cooperation among nonprofit agencies without duplicating efforts
- Leverages or generates other funding or resources
- Promotes volunteer participation and citizen involvement in the community
- Promotes grants that enhance and encourage sustainability
Consideration is also given to the capability of the agency and its personnel to achieve expected results, past stewardship of the agency, the adequacy and professionalism of the budget and the support and cooperation of the agencies involved in similar projects.
Applications are continually accepted and are reviewed every other month. Please call Staci at 701.852.0646 for more information.