Power of the Purse (PoP) is a charitable giving circle that was formed under the Foundation in August of 2007. Founded by a group of eight, they decided to organize some of the most positive and intelligent women to network and strengthen our community by financially investing together and giving of their time and resources.
The group has since grown and invested over $300,000 back into the community. Power of the Purse continues to focus its' efforts towards programs that benefit women and children in the community.
To create a powerful leadership network of women who strengthen our commuity through a focused investment of their time, talent and treasure.
Goals of Power of the Purse:
- Make a difference in the community by contributing time, talents and monetary resources
- Encourage community among ourselves and those we serve
- Educate and increase awareness of local needs
- Encourage self-sufficiency and well-beling among those in need
- Build a network that is a catalyst for positive change
- Bus Passes for students at Minot Public Schools
- Summer STEAM Academy for girls
- Sled Hockey Sleds - Prairie Grit Adaptive Sports
- Back to Basics School Pantries
- Cozy Cabin inside The Magic City Discovery Center
- The Sanctuary, Sober Living Home for Women
- Book Drive for YWCA, DVCC & MAHC
- Christmas Gift Drive for DVCC
- Wheelchair Challenge - Prairie Grit Adaptive Sports
- Wings for All - Independence Inc.
- After School Enrichment Programs - Full Steam Ahead
- Meals on Wheels - Minot Commission on Aging
- Magic City Blessing Bank - Personal Care Items
- Backpack Buddies Program - Souris Valley Unted Way
- iCan Bike Summer Camp Program - Anne Carlsen Center & Pathfinders
- Interior of the Children's Discovery Barn at the Roosevelt Park Zoo
- Children's Playroom at the Domestic Violence Crisis Center
- Magic Smiles Playground at Oak Park
- Scholarships for single women at Minot State University